30g organic jumbo rolled oats (although any rolled oats will do)
20g stewed rhubarb (or stewed damsons if preferred)
5-10g toasted or flaked almonds (optional)
20ml milk (optional)
1. Place oats and water in a pan, heat until the porridge bubbles (it looks like air escaping from a mud spring). Stir frequently but gently. Reduce heat allow to simmer for two minutes.
2. Meanwhile place the pre-stewed damsons or rhubarb in microwavable dish in which you intend to serve the porridge.
3. Heat in the microwave for a minute on 800W (keep covered to avoid the possibility of splatter when heating).
4. Pour the cooked porridge over the fruit base.
5. Sprinkle over the almonds if desired.
6. Add the extra milk if desired.
If you do not have or want the pre-stewed fruit, substitute whole raw raspberries, strawberries or blackberries, thus cutting out the microwave element.